Building Re-Purposing Project
September 24, 2018
We are building a Sustainable Church for our congregation and 75 Units of much needed Affordable Mixed Rental Housing with Studio, 1, 2, & 3 bedroom apartments
Purpose of the Property
as an Expression of Our Vision and Purpose
1. To be a home base for this faith community in their ministry of...
2. To include a space for communal worship that is accessible, inspiring, flexible, and welcoming
3. To be a place that supports individuals and groups in deepening their contemplative, Spirit-centered, and faith-forming lives
4. To serve the ministry priorities of the congregation in ways that are aligned with our care for the environment, our faithful stewardship of resources and our appreciation of the interrelatedness of all living things
5. To be an attractive, welcoming, and accessible gathering place for all people in this neighbourhood
6. To facilitate the lively presence of people of all ages in such a way that diverse generational needs are attended to.
Why are we doing this repurposing?
Sustainability of people and resources
Vision for a renewed congregation
Housing that fills a community need
To leave a legacy of faith and vision and a church space
To pioneer a new initiative
To benefit the wider church
To connect in community and answer God’s call